Plant Maintenance Manager
Cranbury, New Jersey, United States
Experience: Standard Management (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Education: High School Graduate
Category: Manufacturing / Production
Industry: Consumer Products and Services / Food Products & Services
Date Posted: 06/16/2021
The Plant Maintenance Manager is responsible for overseeing overall facilities, equipment effectiveness, evaluating production/packaging line improvements, new equipment requirements, troubleshooting protocols. Prioritizes work, schedules and assigns appropriate personnel to complete the work through Fast Track, preventative maintenance software. Coordinates with the different departments to release the equipment for service. Arrange shutdowns as needed. Obtain permits as required. Also responsible for parts inventory management and preventive/predictive maintenance programs. Serves as continuous improvement champion for overall equipment effectiveness. Provides technical input for the development of equipment/component specifications to assure efficient equipment operations.
Role and Responsibilities
· Reviews, develops and optimizes master maintenance schedules for production/packaging equipment.
· Maintain proper inventories for miscellaneous wear and tear spare parts to limit the amount of downtime on any one piece of equipment or process due to parts being broken.
· Responsible for implementing, maintaining and closing out PMs on the PM software with current information on preventive maintenance orders at all times.
· Monitor and check all work performed by any of the technicians and apprentices to ensure that they properly
accomplished the task that was assigned to them.
· Supervise the ongoing organization of the maintenance shop in a clean and orderly manner.
· Ensure operational efficiency of all production equipment and mechanical systems through timely inspection and repair.
· Ensure that company premises and facilities are kept in clean and hygienic condition.
· Oversee and direct maintenance personnel and contractors on equipment and facility maintenance.
· Assist with repairs when schedule permits or when a deadline must be met to keep the plant and our production facilities running.
· Work with the SQF team on facility preventive maintenance records when required prior to audits and provide electronic copies to the SQF Practitioner and Quality Team.
· Communicate equipment down time and repair deadlines clearly to the production staff and management to accommodate for schedule changes and proper cleaning schedule adjustments.
· Provide excellent customer service when receiving maintenance requests from our internal team and meeting with external vendors.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Proven ability in problem solving
Experience with process management
Strong leadership skills, ability to manage a team
Know how to foster motivation
Set clear, specific objectives
Create a transparent work environment
Be a strong communicator
Establish clear timelines
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.